Thursday, January 10, 2008

Disappearing Ink

I have been in seclusion for several days getting year end taxes ready for the accountant. Both business taxes and personal are ready to be dropped off. I've probably gone through at least a thousand receipts over the past couple of days. I noticed something odd too. How come some places print their receipts with "disappearing ink"? Some of mine look like plain white strips of paper. All of the ink is literally gone from them. So here's my question - if I get audited, how am I supposed to prove where those are from? Better yet - maybe everybody should use this magic ink and auditing should go away completely! I have to admit that I am terrified of the IRS. It's probably an irrational fear but tell that to my nerves. I got an audit on my business unemployment tax about 3 years ago. The reason why I was "red flagged" is because I habitually over paid them. Who knew? Needless to say, I don't do our taxes anymore. I hate them. Here's a political nugget to chew on...wouldn't it be nice if health insurance was included in your taxes?

No comments: