Wednesday, February 20, 2008

A gun at Alex's school

One week ago tonight I was up late and the whole house was asleep. I had a vision of a school shooting in which I saw a gunman running down the hall and a girl shot in the head. She was laying on the floor in a pool of her own blood. I instantly though of Jessica and felt like the school was possibly Moore. I think I automatically assumed that Moore was more dangerous and a bigger threat than Fern Creek. (Where Alex goes) I prayed for a long time. For the students, for the faculty, for the staff, for the parents, for the gunman. By this time it was 1:30 in the morning and I still had a nagging feeling in my gut. I went upstairs and woke up Jessica from a deep sleep and told her what I saw. I questioned her about if she had seen or heard anything at school. She said no and we prayed together before I headed to bed and woke up Jim. I explained everything to him and we prayed together and agreed that he would talk and pray with the girls in the morning before he took them to school. (This would be Valentine's Day). I text messaged both the girls from home later that day just to say I love you. Thursday afternoon after they had been picked up from school safely I felt better but not "released" from the burden. I thought and prayed about it a few more times over the weekend as well. Apparently my vision was a tad bit off...the daughter was Alex....the school was Fern Creek....the day was today....but the outcome was changed. Thank you God for divine visions and protection. Prayer works. I still don't have all the words to vent. Just grateful. The Bible says, "My sheep know my voice." I thank God I recognized the voice and did something about it. I think the whole family will go through an emotional healing. He controls what we can't.

1 comment:

Tamlyn said...

Praise God Ali Bear is okay!!!