Wednesday, December 12, 2007

spray foamy stuff

ok - so while I type there is a short stubby little man dressed in disposable clothing and a respirator crawling through my "basement". We are having spray foam insulation hosed throughout our dungeon to hopefully cut down on our astronomical lg&e bills. Living in a 107 year old farm house definitely has its ups and downs I guess. Jim thought this would be a great idea since you can feel cold air coming through our floors. The part that everyone failed to mention to me is that the whole house is filled with a foul smelling chemical and a fog. (and no I don't mean the favor of God) I have to admit that I may be feeling a tad bit high and confused. I went downstairs to watch for a few minutes before I realized that he is probably wearing a respirator for a reason. yea - I probably knocked a few years off my life but it was pretty cool. This stuff sprays on like a reddish colored liquid and within a few seconds expands about 1000 times it's size into a yellow puff - covering everything in sight. Maybe it's the fumes but I can't help but be reminded how God does that in our life. If you invite Him into your "home", His Word, His love, grace, mercy and acceptance goes on lightly. (He is such a gentlemen) And then after you have surrendered to Him, He puffs up and encompasses every area of your life. He can get down into the cracks of pain and hurt that no one else can see. He insulates us with His glory. He protects us from the elements and things we can't even see. If you let Him have His way, He will take complete control over the dark, damp, and scary places in your life. Just a thought...if this guy is here much longer, I may have to go to rehab!!!!

1 comment:

Clay said...

hope you survived!